Friday, February 22, 2008

My continuations of ridiculously short reads

French Women Don't Get Fat was a stupid choice for me. Yes, I love audio books - espcially those read with accents. Yes, I love travel and food. No, I do not love diet advice books. I blame it on a subpar selection from my library download section. And while I admittedly could use some help in the health and weight department this was too snooty-ish and simple for me. Even with the pretty accent.

A Certain Slant of Light was gripping and engaging. Told from the point of view of a ghost, it has a great premise. However, something about the ending didn't come together quite right for me. It seemed rushed.
And after all these super short reads, its definitely time to dive into something more substantial. Maybe something from my Chunkster list.

No comments: