Saturday, September 27, 2008
Small Wonder is a collection of essays by Barbara Kingsolver. Its a good read - full off musings on politics, children, feminism, and the environment. I particularly liked her essay titled "A Fist in the Eye of God."
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Wife of the Chef was Bad - with a capital "B" mind you. I've rarely read a book that was so in need of a good editor. They just let this woman ramble on with little organization or point. It wa slike being trapped in a room with someone completely self-absorbed who couldn't staop talking about herself. Really really awful. Her job seems really interesting, but she couldn't stop bitching about how no one appreciates all she does long enough to actually tell us much about it.
I really liked Gone Baby Gone. There is some phenominal acting in this one and its nothing like the usual cop story that I was expecting. There's a bit of a moral dilemma in this that I must admit didn't seem quite so hard to grapple with for me. Can't say much more than that really.
Monday, September 1, 2008
1. Go on a picture-taking trip with my husband. - We went and took pictures at a graveyard in Delaware, Ohio where we spotted the gravestone of President Rutherford B. Hayes' parents.
7. Cross off three things on my 101 list. - I took dance classes, finished Amy's album, found an awesome red lipstick, and decided my wine collection was respectable.
8. Schedule first dance class. - See above - scheduled and done!
9. Continue prettifying the front of our house. Pillows were purchased for porch furniture.
Not great, but decent. So now its time for some September goals. Here we go:
1. Lose 5.5 lbs.
2. Explore more dancing possibilities.
3. Do 3 things off my 101 list (it worked so well last time.)
4. Start some Xmas gift planning.
5. Use up loads of my craft stash.
6. Do a patio in the backyard.
7. Write down and sketch gardening plans.
8. Maybe tackle some of those unfinished August goals.