Monday, February 4, 2008

Amusements

I've been tearing through some slim novels lately - causing my mother (who just joined Goodreads) to ask how the heck I managed to read so much. I pointed out the difference between books makrked "to-read" and those marked "read" and then pointed out how small most of those read books were. I don't think she's entirely convinced.



Water for Elephants was such an engrossing and quick read. I'm reveling in my knew knowledge of circus slang. The cover is stunning too, and that never hurts.


The Body in the Library was okay. I'm not much of a mystery reader, and I think I prefer the BBC versions of Miss Marple to reading the books. Now I want to name something Agatha though. Why in the world did that name fall out of favor?


I listened to George's Marvelous Medicine at work. I adore Roald Dahl's books. He has some of the most bizarre and sometimes dastardly characters for children's books. And a refreshing lack of moral lessons for the most part.

We watched Waitress over the weekend. Love the pies! Love the uniforms! Can't get the pie song outta my head for the life of me. Pretty darn cute film.

Warning though. This movie may have contributed to having pie for dinner last night instead of the reasonably healthy soup I'd planned on making. Mmmmm pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed "Waitress" ! I ALSO love mysteries (& Agatha Christie). I've been watching season DVD's of Murder She Wrote ;]