Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cleverness is a quality a man likes to have in his wife as long as she is some distance away from him.

I neglected to post my review of Margaret Atwood's The Penelopiad that I read for the Mythopoeic Award Challenge.

More than a little clever, I really enjoyed this book. I listened to it on tape at work and sadly, due to some loudmouth obnoxious coworkers (bitter much?), there were some parts that took more than one listen to catch. I really enjoyed the unexpectedness of the storytelling and the less than reliable narrator. The singing maids were quite enjoyable. And who can resist classic stories told from alternate points of view?

I adore Margaret Atwood's books. Isn't it the best feeling to finish a book by an author you've greatly enjoyed before and know that they still have plenty more books you still haven't read?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, thank your for your for popping in on my blog. I'm delighted to discover yours. I'll come back!