Sunday, November 11, 2007

Library Madness

I'm either the public library's best or worst user. The amount of books I have out right now is madness. Here's what I have:

-Setting Free the Bears - by John Irving. I'm determined to read all his novels, but so far this one isn't grabbing me.
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Agozi Adichie. Set in Nigeria, this story is making me so anxious, I'm listening to it on tape, and I'm not so sure I want to continue. The story is doing something to my nerves.
-A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. Next up for listening to in the car. A supernatural story set in a girls boarding school. Sounds very good.
- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. So anxious to start this one! I may have to crack it open tonight. Teenage vampires!
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. I've heard so many good things about this book. Its about a household of thieves.
-Rosie Little's Cautionary Tales for Girls by Danielle Wood.I love fairy tales and short stories. This looks right up my alley. And a good breather book since most of the novels on my stand seem to have between 300 and 400 pages.
-Femme Fatale by Pat Shipman. About Mata Hari. I've had this out for far to long. I need to either read it or return it.
-Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. I keep putting this off for other books. I think I'm a little afraid I won't love this as much the second time around.
-Clouds and Eclipses by Gore Vidal. Another I've renewed a ridiculous numbe rof times without opening.
-Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. This is the graphic novel version of a novel I heart very much. It shall be read soon and quickly.
-The Spanish Bow by Andromeda Romano-Lax.About a violinist. Another I've read raves reviews about.
-I Dreamed of Africa by Kuki Gallman. I've been in an African mood lately I think.
-Fabulous Felted Scarves by Chad Alice Hagen & Jorie Johnson. Cause while swearing not to start new projects, I still cannot help but think about them. I'm delusional I know.

13 books! I think maybe I have a bit of a library addiction.

No comments: