Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Blind Assassin

This book was so good! All the different levels of the story were intriguing and the characters were superb. This was probably my best read in quite a long while. I think everyone should read this one - especially anyone looking to get completely drawn into a great novel.


I just finished The Devil Wears Prada thinking it would be a fun fluffy read. It was an easy read but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would. It felt a little predictable. And while fashion is fun - reading about it doesn't even come close to looking at it. It was pretty eh in my book. Next up is Memoirs of a Geisha. My sister loves it, and she and I usually share the same taste in books. (And no - I haven't seen either of the movies made out of the previously mentioned books. I hate watching a movie before I've read the book - even if it just makes me whiny about what gets left out. I like forming my own picture of the characters -= not Hollywood's versions).

No comments: