Saturday, December 20, 2008

Orphans

When we were dating earlty on, my boy used to drive 2.5 hours to see me. Hang out all day. Talk me into watching scarey movies with him. And then leave at like one in the mornig while I was still all jumpy and frazzled. Needless to say, I'm not a big scarey movie fan. However, I heard such good things about The Orphanage that I had to check it out.


Its not a gorey movie at all. More of a smart and stylish film - kind of reminiscent of The Others. It's all about a woman who was raised in an orphanage until she was adopted. She purchases the old orphanage and moves in with her husband and son (pretty much the cutest lil boy I have ever seen) and has plans to live there a run a small home for special needs children.
It's really good. And even my mister who always raises an eyebrow at foreign language films liked it and looked utterly terrified at times. How about an 8 on the Claire scale?

No comments: