Monday, July 16, 2007

Fertility, Death, and Roman Warriors

More reviews!

I read this memoir in a couple of days. Its a fast read about a woman struggling with infertility and how she deals with all the crazy treatments. I can't remember what made me pick up the book - babies and fertility stuff not generally being my cup of tea, but it was a good read.

This one is a young adult's novel that has the coolest premise. Its told from the point of view of a teenage girl after she dies. Sorta like Lovely Bones but way less dark and traumatic. Actually this could have used for darkness for my taste. The characters all seemed flat, but the premise and the description of how the afterlife works was way cool.


And then we watched the first season of Rome. Very good stuff. I admit to having a hard time with the violence and slavery issues, but the story telling is excellent. And this lady who plays Naiobe is just stunning. No clue who she is, but she has some striking looks.

No comments: