Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Amusements

As You Like It was pretty. Pretty pretty film. Pretty people. Pretty scenery. Pretty costumes. Pretty words. Very nicely done.



I may be on a bit of a classic film kick. Brought on by my unending illnesses I checked out Some Like It Hot from the library. Marilyn Monroe's dingy sweetness makes even horribly sore throats feel better.




And Indiscreet makes me giggle. Particularly Cary Grant's dancing. The man could charm the pants off of anyone. I'm very much in favor of the Cary Grant-izination of George Clooney. May he continue at it.


I watched Talk to Me recently. Maybe it was a combination of too great expectations (cause I love Don Cheadle) and being a bit distracted that night, but I didn't love it like I thought I would. It was good, and thewoman who played Petey's girlfriend was excellent. Still I wasn't wowed like I thought I'd be.
I read Georgette Heyer's novel Cotillion. Adorable! I so love the main characters in this book. So not stereotypical of a regency novel.

1 comment:

ramzahn said...

Clooney has the better voice though...