Thursday, May 24, 2007

I watched some more movies lately. Its the perfect entertainment while folding origami stars or other mindless craft-related activities.



The Painted Veil was so good! Pretty pretty scenery. And Edward Norton and Naomi Watts smoldered onscreen. I liked it a great deal.
I also watched Volver which I'd been looking forward too. It didn't blow me away but I liked it. Penelope Cruz was spunky and really good in the role. And the actress who played her sister was good.

The Squid and the Whale has been on my list for a very long time. I liked it. It felt very honest and real and the kids were terrific in this one.

Now I cannot wait for Deadwood Season three to come out. I'm hooked! The characters are intriguing and its a great mix of brutal and funny. Love love love Swearingen and Doc and Jane and Dan - and almost everyone really. If you haven''t watched these, you shoudl do so. And stick with it even when it starts out so horribly dark and violent. You end up rooting for the most unexpected characters.

This blog is getting a little heavily skewed towards book and movie reviews. I promise I do have projects in the works! Pottery class is on hiatus until mid-June so all my half-finished projects are on hold. But I'm working on a painting that I'm so very proud of. It should be done this weekend. No clue what I'll work on next. Maybe more felt things.

1 comment:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I can't wait to see The Painted Veil and Volver. I have them both on my queue and hope to see them soon!